Sub-Names as a Brand Communication Channel
What Is a Sub-Name?
A sub-name is an extension of a product name: the name of a series, category, or product type. A sub-name matches a brand name and helps effectively identify products within it.
Creating a Sub-Name
Sub-naming is a creative process that consists of several stages: idea generation, choosing the best options, and checking for duplicates or similarities. Shortlisted sub-name ideas should:
- strategically differentiate a product from its competitors while emphasizing its advantages;
- meet corporate values and support the company’s market positioning;
- be memorable and attract the target audience;
- cause no negative associations;
- motivate consumers to purchase the product.
Using Sub-Names as a Brand Communication Channel
Like other brand elements, sub-names play an important role in the communication between a company and its customers. An idea communicated through a sub-name can be supported by verbal identity, package design, and advertising materials.
To request sub-naming services, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your message has been sent
Something went wrong. Try again